Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
(13-09-2017, 10:44 AM)1Byte Wrote: However, the effect of certain users agreeing with an unfriendly reaction to a stupid joke made on my part, and the dismissal and subsequent downplaying of the reaction has made me decide to part IRC all together.
Quote:casual technological or friendly offtopic conversations on irc.
The IRC are managed in a completely different way, it isn't directly related to nixers and a lot of IRC dwellers only limit themselves to the IRC an nothing else.
The conversations drift a lot and go offtopic, some members simply go there to lash their angst.
You aren't the first person to put forward their concerns about insults, bad/cynical jokes, and personal attacks.
A lot of persons have left nixers because of this.

On the other side, the ones pushing the immature moves always back it up by "it's the internet, don't take things too seriously, chill up bro". And actually enjoy the fight.

At the moment we're running multiple services under different controls. The one in control of the service set the rules/no-rules of the service.
(I manage the forums and dcat & fro manage the IRC, a bunch of other members have set up events too)

Code:
rules:
* no abuse (clones, proxies, flooding, spam, or mass advertising)
* no harassment, threats, or impersonation of other users
we reserve the right to deny service to anyone at any time for any reason
Apparently even the ones owning the IRC aren't respecting their own rules.
And usually when push comes to shove the one owning the service puts it down in anger at the detriment of everyone else and it becomes a mess.

I'm sorry for that.

I agree that this is an issue that needs to be delt with.
We've discussed having a #general channel and an #offtopic but according to previous tests it hasn't worked so well.
If anyone has an idea or a solution it would be good to hear.

Personally, I can't run an IRC service on my own and this is why someone else is providing it.

Messages In This Thread
Community Values - by 1Byte - 13-09-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: Community Values - by venam - 13-09-2017, 11:08 AM
RE: Community Values - by jkl - 13-09-2017, 01:26 PM
RE: Community Values - by z3bra - 14-09-2017, 08:52 AM