Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
seninha
Long time nixers
How was your 2021? Both in the computer and real lives?
What have you learned, read, achieved, created or (not) done this year?

Different from 2020, now I had online classes both semesters, so most of my time was dedicated to the uni.

I read mostly school stuff. Had to read some Java books about its virtual machine, which culminated with the creation of a simple jvm. Weirdly, this small school project of mine got popular and there was a course using it. I also read Tanenbaum's books on Networking and Operating Systems for my Networking and Operating System classes, respectively.
I also read a book about Troff and a book about AWK, which made me more interested in both programs.
There are books that I began to read in 2020, that I slowly and continuously read through 2021 and that I have not finished yet. They are SICP and APUE, which contains a lot of exercises and theory that take time to digest. I'm currently doing some dozens of pages per month at a slow pace.

I rewrote my window manager from scratch and now it is a completely different beast.
Most of my X programs got packaged into mainstream distros this year. Including OpenBSD, the OS I use.

I achieved the "ricing peak" at the middle of this year. I had spent too much time on 2020 testing new themes and programs to have the perfect desktop. But now I am so comfortable with my desktop that it has not changed for months.

This was a boring year IRL, not that different from 2020. Except for a few things, like a bigger covid belly, nothing relevant happened.

Messages In This Thread
Retrospective 2021 - by seninha - 19-12-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: Retrospective 2021 - by jkl - 19-12-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: Retrospective 2021 - by venam - 23-12-2021, 06:10 AM