Fixing the forums - Community & Forums Related Discussions
venam
(30-09-2015, 10:33 AM)xero Wrote: venam, would you change the background color of the blockquote please!

Code:
blockquote {
    background-color: #111 !important;
}
i dont care if it's 000, 111, or 222 - but i'd like another color for some visual distinction.

It should be a bit better now.
xero
thank you sir
venam
I changed the mail server responsible for the registration process.
If you had problem with your registration you can try again.

I've resent the activation code from uid 1383 to 1392.

Cheers!
Mafia
A logo would be nice.
venam
(11-08-2015, 04:40 AM)venam Wrote: Here's a clarification tip that should have been posted earlier.
I've noticed a lot of posts that I had to edit because the quote was missing or wrong.

If you are having problem with the "quote" button it's because you are using it the wrong way, probably because it's not intuitive.
To quote someone you overline the text and press quote, it'll quote the text you've chosen.

Cheers!
Quoting myself on this because people seem to forget how to quote.
Why can't we delete our own posts?
venam
(06-11-2015, 02:46 AM)October Wrote: Why can't we delete our own posts?
So that you take the time to think before posting something.
If you absolutely need to delete something send me a pm and I'll remove the post.
xero
venam, maybe you should hide the delete option in the edit page then?
kirby
It might be worth making a stickied thread at the top of the Community board just detailing in plain English what irc server(s) we use, channels, and maybe even how to connect for new users? It's not incredibly easy to find information at the moment.
venam
I have a proposition for a forums refreshment.
Currently the header is composed of the following:
Code:
View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts  |  Search  |  User CP  | Mod CP  |     Admin CP  |  Members  |  Stats  |  Help  |  Log Out

I'm proposing a new layout with the community in mind.
After years I've noticed that some of the links in the header are barely used and so they become irrelevant, I'd rather have them replace by links leader to other activities related to nixers.

My idea is to move the "Members", "Stats", "Help" sections to the bottom of the page and replace them by some of the things that can be found in this thread that discusses the activities the forum members engage into.

We can also add other useful links to the bottom of the page if needed.

Tell me what you think.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help