Movies - mplayer -vo fbdev2 -fs -zoom -x 1366 -y 768 movies.mp4
YouTube - Mpsyt
File Manager - Ranger + w3mimgdisplay + Midnight Commander
Browser - w3m
Tiling - Tmux
Editor - Vim or Vi
Shell - Zsh
Torrent - rtorrent

I was a Linux Admin back then in 2006-2010 until they let me go because ..... no reason i hate them and i use to love that job i had 37 schools running Debian with no GUI + Iptable + Squid + Dansguardian + DHCP etc ... so much fun back then :D . Well my only down about this is W3M i wish some day someone make this more Firefox like . My question is if i can see video and pictures in my console why i can't see webpages in full view like Firefox ? Can't wait to see this happen
venam
(11-06-2015, 10:18 PM)zr0 Wrote: Linux - Crux 3.1
Pandora - Pianobar
IRC - Weechat
Music - MPD + Ncmpcpp
Movies - mplayer -vo fbdev2 -fs -zoom -x 1366 -y 768 movies.mp4
YouTube - Mpsyt
File Manager - Ranger + w3mimgdisplay + Midnight Commander
Browser - w3m
Tiling - Tmux
Editor - Vim or Vi
Shell - Zsh
Torrent - rtorrent
You got your arsenal ready for the fight!
They're all great programs but for the browser I prefer lynx and for the multiplexer dvtm.

Also, you forgot to mention an email client and games (⌒.−)=★.
zr0
Thanks Venam you just gave me something fun to do this weekend to try out Lynx , Dvtm and set up my email client since i rarely use it and try to find some CLI games since i have more fun watching movies and listening to music :D
z3bra
I'd use dvtm if I could bind ctrl-space to the escape sequence... sight..
zr0
I have 2 hours now playing with Dvtm and well i just got to say that is good but i can do everything i does on TMUX and i guess TMUX have a few more extras :D
xero
dvtm + dtach (basically) = tmux
z3bra
(12-06-2015, 02:12 PM)xero Wrote: dvtm + dtach (basically) = tmux
not really in fact. dvtm will do a better job at "tiling" your terminals together, while tmux allow showing the terminals you want to see only.

For example, tmux allow you to spawn as many "windows" as you want, and split it in different terminals. dvtm on the other hand, only has one "window" but allow a finer management of it: different layouts, minimizations, input multiplexing, ...

I find dvtm to be easier to use, but I think that tmux is more flexible due to the manual layout, similar to ratpoison.
venam
(12-06-2015, 02:44 PM)z3bra Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 02:12 PM)xero Wrote: dvtm + dtach (basically) = tmux
not really in fact. dvtm will do a better job at "tiling" your terminals together, while tmux allow showing the terminals you want to see only.

For example, tmux allow you to spawn as many "windows" as you want, and split it in different terminals. dvtm on the other hand, only has one "window" but allow a finer management of it: different layouts, minimizations, input multiplexing, ...

I find dvtm to be easier to use, but I think that tmux is more flexible due to the manual layout, similar to ratpoison.
For me dvtm is more of a plug and play terminal multiplexer compared to tmux, that's why I prefer it.
z3bra
I must say that dvtm default's are way better than tmux's

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode