A Week In The TTY - Community & Forums Related Discussions
xero
(08-06-2016, 12:48 PM)vain Wrote: I'd like to participate, but there's nooooo way that I can do this at work (I also use Arch there). :/

i'm in the same boat. so i'll be participating during off hours as well. i was thinking i might try and use the tty at work and only startx if i had to.
apk
(08-06-2016, 02:22 PM)xero Wrote: i'm in the same boat. so i'll be participating during off hours as well. i was thinking i might try and use the tty at work and only startx if i had to.

If you, a web developer, can spend an entire week exclusively in the tty and never have to use Xorg, you may be the greatest web developer of all time. or laziest. maybe they're the same thing. idk
xero
(08-06-2016, 03:24 PM)dsplayer14 Wrote: If you, a web developer, can spend an entire week exclusively in the tty and never have to use Xorg, you may be the greatest web developer of all time. or laziest. maybe they're the same thing. idk

challenged accepted adam
acg
(08-06-2016, 03:27 PM)xero Wrote:
Quote:If you, a web developer, can spend an entire week exclusively in the tty and never have to use Xorg, you may be the greatest web developer of all time. or laziest. maybe they're the same thing. idk
challenged accepted adam
this will be interesting. i'll try to participate tho i'm not very used to it yet.
josuah

I'm just using what others wrote :P

I think I will have to cheat: I need to edit spreadsheet document. But maybe I can still use this, so that I can run X org without running X org.

But this is at least very close to cheating.
f1st
So, guys, is TTY week starts 26th June this year too?
venam
(18-06-2016, 12:11 AM)f1st Wrote: So, guys, is TTY week starts 26th June this year too?

No, 21th June, if you want to follow the schedule that is.
But you don't have to, you can start before or after.
lemons
This sounds like a really interesting idea, I'm keen to take part!

I'm overdue with some writing, does anyone have tips for viewing pdf? If not, I will likely just have to live without compiling my LaTeX doc for a few days. Should be fun!
venam
(18-06-2016, 02:32 PM)lemons Wrote: I'm overdue with some writing, does anyone have tips for viewing pdf?

Sure: "fbgs Poor man's PostScript/pdf viewer for the linux framebuffer console".

Maybe it would be a good idea for anyone that haven't done that before to go back and read everything in this thread.
It might also be another cool project to write documentation/process about doing a week in the TTY.
lemons
(19-06-2016, 03:42 AM)venam Wrote: Sure: "fbgs Poor man's PostScript/pdf viewer for the linux framebuffer console".

Maybe it would be a good idea for anyone that haven't done that before to go back and read everything in this thread.
It might also be another cool project to write documentation/process about doing a week in the TTY.

Ah! Not sure how I missed that!

I setup a fresh net install of Debian on my old netbook to give me a couple of days to get up to speed with the TTY before we kick off. dvtm is neat!

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode