Hacking video contest [finished] - Community & Forums Related Discussions
fraun
(28-07-2016, 12:17 AM)Adrift Wrote: Honestly I've wanted to participate in stuff here and there, despite lurking for so long. For me, it's always bad timing when I find out about it. Plus I feel ill-equipped compared to most. I am interested in viewing this, as I am in most things on here.

You really can't be anymore ill-equipped than I am, give it a go, I doubt anybody will mock you for it.
venam
(28-07-2016, 04:58 AM)fraun Wrote: You really can't be anymore ill-equipped than I am, give it a go, I doubt anybody will mock you for it.
Mocking someone is not in the spirit of these forums.
Any contribution, as small as it could be is greatly appreciated.

Here's the process that I used to create my cast, maybe this can help others:
  • Create a new "hacking theme" for my wm, my terminal, wallpaper, etc..
  • Get a paper and pen
  • Write down the scenario I want to reproduce
  • Write what needs to be set on the machine or faked
  • Set the machine(s) up
  • Record until satisfied
  • Remember that others are going to watch it, the font should be readable, what you do should be comprehensible, and don't use multiple screens, videos are watched in a small size
Adrift
(28-07-2016, 01:27 AM)stark Wrote: You still have 2 weeks to record something. For now, only venam submitted his screencast. So you're perfectly on-time, stop using lames excuses and record something!
Haha, I'll try. Maybe I'll watch some of my old favorites from the 90s to get inspiration.

I should have been more specific. I tried to do the light desktop contest, but by the time I got home from a week long trip to another state, I only had around 4hrs or so, in my defense, I actually did try to put something together for 3hrs. I failed. Miserably. Off the top of my head I couldn't come up with anything I would actually use that didn't blind me.

Edit: @venam, And I will remember that every time I am hesitent to comment/post/participate, etc.
venam
Don't forget this compo everyone.
There are still 3 days left to submit your work.
z3bra
Tomorrow is the last day, and up to this day, only venam submitted a video. Hurry up!
Adrift
EDIT: I have sent it off to z3bra.

Spoiler alert there are many easter eggs.
strang3quark
I've been busy these weeks, I got some free time today to record the video. Where should I submit it?
venam
(07-08-2016, 06:44 AM)strang3quark Wrote: I've been busy these weeks, I got some free time today to record the video. Where should I submit it?
Send a pm to z3bra with the link or buzz him on irc.
Adrift
EDIT: link removed.

I hope this was included? I think it's meant for this contest.
z3bra
@adrift, I asked no to give links to the videos on the forum. Especially when it's not your own

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode