nixers community git - Community & Forums Related Discussions
z3bra
(03-08-2017, 05:19 AM)venam Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 04:06 AM)z3bra Wrote: You can use the motd and xero's lab for it!
Most of those aren't ascii/ansi art, they are shell scripts.
Another TODO would be to add support for UTF-8 but that's not standard in ascii-art.

The MOTD repo only has ascii/ansi test files. For xero's, I'm fairly sure your tool is well designed and fits the unix philosophy, so you could do something like
Code:
$ ./xero-ansi-script.sh | ascii2svg > xero.svg

Right?
venam
(03-08-2017, 08:30 AM)z3bra Wrote: The MOTD repo only has ascii/ansi test files. For xero's, I'm fairly sure your tool is well designed and fits the unix philosophy, so you could do something like
$ ./xero-ansi-script.sh | ascii2svg > xero.svg

Right?
Sure, that's a great idea.
I only have to change 2-3 lines to accept input from STDIN.
However, I still have to support utf-8 for those to work.
At the moment I'll test on files from http://pc.textmod.es/ .
pizzaroll1
Tmplt Wrote:Bookwyrm is currently licensed under the GPLv3+, mostly because pybind11 is as well. Will this cause trouble during packaging?

No. Any widely approved-of free license is fine. Any license on this list is 100% ok: https://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical. The FSF's list is also good: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html.

But some of the licenses on that list come with a comment saying they don't recommend their use (all of the nonfree ones, for instance. And the WTFPL).

So you have nothing to worry about.
evbo
I've always used BSD 2-Clause aka the FreeBSD License, as it is (1) GPL compatible for those that care about such things (I don't) and (2) has a simple non-liability clause, which is really important as I once learned.

A few years back, the org I worked for at the time was dealing with a major issue where legal was doing an audit of our software licensing. At first, the legal team was trying to get in contact with the respective authors of our open-source licensed software, and ask them to issue us a special license removing the liability clauses, making the author legally liable if their software caused any major issues in our environment. As I'm sure you can imagine, they had a 0% success rate with that. The "reasoning" behind this was that Microsoft and Adobe offer liability and support, so everything else should.

After a few months of no progress, the lawyers gave up with the special license crap. For a while, we were afraid that we'd lose any access to open-source licensed software, but in the end legal gave up on OSS and focused on rich companies that would actually sign liability modifications. Regardless, it was a stressful ~6 months for IT/Dev.
josuah
The forums could also be a convenient way to talk about the nixers projects. Though, mails are universal and well known by git.

We do probably not want to see patches in [ code ] blocks.

A public mailing list with a web front end could be more suited.
z3bra
(05-08-2017, 08:51 AM)josuah Wrote: A public mailing list with a web front end could be more suited.

Before having a mailist/web frontend, we need collaborators. So yeah, let's wait to see a few patches come up before adding yet another mean of communication :)

Sharing patches for review over iopaste has proven good enough for me in the past btw
josuah
(05-08-2017, 03:15 PM)z3bra Wrote: [quote="josuah" pid="18798" dateline="1501933899"]
Sharing patches for review over iopaste has proven good enough for me in the past btw

So let's go! :)
Tmplt
There are a lot of symbols not being found when pushing:
Code:
$ git push --force nixers backend-seperation # a rebase branch, mind
Counting objects: 47, done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (47/47), done.
Writing objects: 100% (47/47), 20.08 KiB | 6.69 MiB/s, done.
Total 47 (delta 28), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Error loading shared library libgit2.so.24: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/local/bin/stagit)
remote: Error relocating /usr/local/bin/stagit: git_commit_committer: symbol not found
remote: Error relocating /usr/local/bin/stagit: git_diff_num_deltas: symbol not found
remote: Error relocating /usr/local/bin/stagit: git_diff_tree_to_tree: symbol not found
remote: Error relocating /usr/local/bin/stagit: git_revwalk_next: symbol not found
To git.nixers.net:bookwyrm.git
* [new branch]      backend-seperation -> backend-seperation
z3bra
I just recompiled stagit / stagit-gopher so it should be fine now. Try to run "ssh git@nixers update-stagit bookwyrm" to confirm.
Tmplt
Confirmed; no errors now.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode