Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
1Byte
Members
Quote:We are a small, respectful community where everyone can have a place.
We are not overwhelmed by the size of our own community, unlike forums like
unix.com.

We strive for friendship, extremely good and interesting contents on the forums,
and casual technological or friendly offtopic conversations on irc.
Most of us are young enthusiasts that like to discover new things.
But most of all we have a deep bound. --Venam

Because It actually bothered me enough to contemplate it last evening, I wondered if I might find some value statement on these forums. Quoted above makes it sound like the nixers environment is friendly, which is not untrue.

However, the effect of certain users agreeing with an unfriendly reaction to a stupid joke made on my part, and the dismissal and subsequent downplaying of the reaction has made me decide to part IRC all together.

I can't send a private message on these forums, so my only course is to post a general concern and comment. Striving for friendship takes work. Perhaps the IRC channel is not an environment I belong in, which is fine. I can get conversation elsewhere.

For now, I will remain and try to contribute to meaningful conversation on these forums. I will not write paragraphs about what terrible people certain member are, because that is not helpful. I will say that allowing certain behavior to continue and being asked to not take things too seriously has concerned me to the point that I feel I may not belong here at all.

This is all I will say on the subject. I'm sure those other users will downplay and justify their actions, for after all I am but one voice.

Messages In This Thread
Community Values - by 1Byte - 13-09-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: Community Values - by venam - 13-09-2017, 11:08 AM
RE: Community Values - by jkl - 13-09-2017, 01:26 PM
RE: Community Values - by z3bra - 14-09-2017, 08:52 AM