Favorite text editor? - BSD
Okeg
I usually run tmux and vim to get a emacs-like session.
But I have been thinking about using emacs, that would kinda combine both. wouldn't it?
crshd
Over the last few days, I've been giving Sublime a whirl again (for the third time).

Once you spend a while to get to know it, it's actually really neat. It has some nice built-in functionality, and there are some great plugins around - properly set up, I can code in lightning speed.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

crshd
(06-12-2012, 05:05 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 12:21 PM)crshd Wrote: Over the last few days, I've been giving Sublime a whirl again (for the third time).

Once you spend a while to get to know it, it's actually really neat. It has some nice built-in functionality, and there are some great plugins around - properly set up, I can code in lightning speed.

Don't you have to pay for Sublime though?

You can evaluate it free of charge. Still has all the functionality with unlimited usage, except it say "Unregistered" in the window title, and after a longer session, it starts bugging you to go and buy a license once in a while, when you save a file.

But as with anything, there's ways around it.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

simon
vim and emacs <3
jobss
I use vim to code non html, java-script things like edit kernel system preferences or just to hack things together, and brackets by Adobe, to do all the web design things.
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
hades
The first non-Windows-Notepad text editor I used was Programmer's Notepad. I thought syntax highlighting was just so cool and different.

Then when I moved to my first linux (Ubunu), I was shocked to discover that the built-in text editor (gedit) has syntax highlighting. So I used gedit for a while and thought it was really good. Then once I got initiated into basic terminal usage I discovered vim, and I haven't looked back since.

I've yet to try emacs, though.
yrmt
Its not hard, change the source :)
kopri
I use Sublime Text for quick edits in GTK, Vim for everything else.
dcoppa
Hans Hackett
Using Emacs for sure :-)

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode