Mafia
Weird, I do know that if you put in a wrong dimension. Say your left edge of your screen is 10, and you go 5. It will revert to the stock position.
Phyrne
Hmm, no idea! Well, I've sort of got a work around in place, I removed the '-dock' from the left bar and ran it after a 5 second sleep. Works nicely, the only thing that bugs me is that if floating windows pass through it, it stays on top. Do you know of any switch to set dzen to set it to the bottom layer? (Perhaps this is something for the WM to handle)

Ah... it's definitely not a good work around. Fullscreen videos show the left bar :/

Can you recommend any alternatives to dzen? Perhaps ones that handle text aligment :P
Mafia
Like I said before, hack xfce4-panel :>
And you never told me you docked it xD, I know a workaround but it's for fvwm2. And nobody uses fvwm2 around here but me so you probably won't either :p
Phyrne
(11-10-2012, 10:42 PM)Mafia Wrote: Like I said before, hack xfce4-panel :>
And you never told me you docked it xD, I know a workaround but it's for fvwm2. And nobody uses fvwm2 around here but me so you probably won't either :p

Yeah it was in my configs :P Aha, nope, I'm using i3!
Mafia
(11-10-2012, 11:13 PM)Phyrne Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 10:42 PM)Mafia Wrote: Like I said before, hack xfce4-panel :>

Yeah it was in my configs :P Aha, nope, I'm using i3!

Well hack xfce4-panel, like I said. Its good, stock is horribly ugly and stupid. But if you can hack it, it will work better or as good as any panel. You can message me if you need any help.