systemd - GNU/Linux
klr
Sorry for being off-topic but are there any distributions out there similar to the past Arch Linux? I've heard Crux was similar but it ain't made for 64-bit and I don't think I want to run that community contributed iso...
yrmt
(29-10-2012, 04:31 PM)klr Wrote: Sorry for being off-topic but are there any distributions out there similar to the past Arch Linux? I've heard Crux was similar but it ain't made for 64-bit and I don't think I want to run that community contributed iso...

Crux isn't similar at all. Debian is the closest you can get.
klr
Hmm, I've always thought that Crux was fairly simple such as Arch Linux, but that's just stuff I've heard.

I don't understand how you can state that Debian GNU/Linux is similar to Arch Linux, but let's not get too off-topic.
arch || dwm || urxvt || mksh || nano
venam
*nixer,
for those interested in a little improvement in boot up speed (if they are using ext4) you must try out e4rat.
It gave me a faster boot by reallocating files||programs that are needed at boot time (default of 120s timeout after boot).
Anyway, it doesn't really need explanations, just try it out.
Mafia
(02-11-2012, 03:06 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(29-10-2012, 06:22 PM)Beastie Wrote: Crux isn't similar at all. Debian is the closest you can get.

Wait what? I thought Arch was based of Crux.

Just because it was based on it doesn't make it similar, Arch has been completely molded into something else from my perspective. Plus crux is just shit to me, but that's my opinion.
Mafia
(03-11-2012, 07:31 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(03-11-2012, 01:34 AM)Mafia Wrote: Just because it was based on it doesn't make it similar, Arch has been completely molded into something else from my perspective. Plus crux is just shit to me, but that's my opinion.

Hush, lot of Crux fan boys on here! xD

Psh, I don't give a ****.
:)

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode