Why so inactive? - Off topic
CrossFold
The forum desgin, the content, the members everything is great.. But then why is the forum so inactive? Feels like it is abandoned..
TheHotBot
I try to read everything everyday, but i also trying to keep my job.
Dont got all that spare time.

That is my explanation :)
"TheHotBot" Aka NeverW8!

I can be seen on the IRC from time to time :)
Mafia
Not enough traffic.
venam
Maybe it's because we don't have a beginner section (which we will obviously vote "NO" for).
Remember we are in the 6-7% of the population using another OS then windows/OSX [source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha...ng_systems]
Also we are in the 30-40% of those 7% that actually know how to use their system, which give us a statistic of 2-3% of the average internet user.

Anyway, it's also because we don't really know what to post or contribute with. (I've been giving up source codes that I've written but don't know what other thing I can write about.).
In a nutshell, it would be more simple if we can simply share daily experiences and problems we had (and some conversations we had on the IRC)
TheHotBot
(28-11-2012, 07:15 AM)venam Wrote: it would be more simple if we can simply share daily experiences and problems we had (and some conversations we had on the IRC)

That sounds good! :)
"TheHotBot" Aka NeverW8!

I can be seen on the IRC from time to time :)
Dritz
We're all busy little boys; that's why it's inactive.
"Willful ignorance is a crime"
yrmt
I have lots of things going on but I try to go on the IRC everyday. I think people should request threads here to increase activity :)
Dritz
Splendid idea! If only I had time for a project...

I can hardly wait for winter break! (I might be rolling out at least a prototype of something relatively interesting that I'll post here.)

@ NeoTerra

That's right; school. That's what I'm dealing with. Must.. work... FASTER!!
venam
OK, so we can ,for example, instead of doing a beginner section, doing a request tutorial thread and beginner who wants to know something ask a tut about it, this would resolve 2 things at the same time: inactivity and new users/new trafic .
Dritz
That sounds like it could get out of hand. I have the feeling I would end up seeing a 'TrackBlack' tutorial request. :shudder:

There, I posted a new thread. I hope that helps.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode