Stupid Questions Thread - Off topic
berk
I'll begin.

* Using FreeBSD, I have to do "sudo dhclient re0" every time I boot up. How do I automate this?

* Where do I put GTK2 themes?
yrmt
You can put your gtk themes in ~/.themes:

Code:
/Users/youri/.themes
├── royalty_mod
│   ├── gtk-2.0
│   └── xfwm4
└── termGTK
    â”œâ”€â”€ gtk-2.0
    â”‚   ├── Arrows
    â”‚   ├── Buttons
    â”‚   ├── Check-Radio
    â”‚   ├── Combo
    â”‚   ├── Frame-Gap
    â”‚   ├── Handles
    â”‚   ├── Lines
    â”‚   ├── ListHeaders
    â”‚   ├── Menu-Menubar
    â”‚   ├── Others
    â”‚   ├── Panel
    â”‚   ├── ProgressBar
    â”‚   ├── Range
    â”‚   ├── Scrollbars
    â”‚   ├── Shadows
    â”‚   ├── Spin
    â”‚   ├── Tabs
    â”‚   └── Toolbar
    â””── xfce-notify-4.0

For dhclient, put this in your /etc/rc.conf:

``ifconfig_re0="DHCP"``
kirby
What could BSD offer me that Linux can't already? I'd like to give it a shot but I'm not sure I can be bothered when I might just end up using it exactly the same anyway.
yrmt
It's a learning experience and you might actually like it better than other OSes like I did :)
berk
I love you. Thanks

@kirbyman62: I switched to FreeBSD 2 days ago. At first I was shocked because many of the things that I could easily do in Linux had some complications in FreeBSD. But after a while you get used to them. And it's really enjoyable to discover a new OS, and FreeBSD is totally great for that task
kirby
(04-07-2013, 04:25 PM)Beastie Wrote: It's a learning experience and you might actually like it better than other OSes like I did :)

Well I'll defiantly give it a fair trial and try it in a VM and maybe my netbook and see how I get on with it.
venam
What's a stupid question suppose to be about?
yrmt
Anything you're too scared to make t thread about.
venam
I created a program that uses exploits on professional websites. I'm really proud of how I coded it, it's really beautiful and easy to manage.
Should I :
* push it to Github
* keep it for myself
* sell it online
* Use it with friends

?
yrmt
Sell it on derpforums first then put it on your github when you're happy with the money?

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode