Mafia
I will probably be buying one, if not two this week. I just gatta try it, its way to tempting.
FreeBSD
I'm going to buy like a dozen and make a super computer! Haha ;)
I do Byte
yrmt
I just got mine and it's sexy.

Robby
You know i said it was a firmware issue with the PI i had? Yeah turned out I was just scammed for 60 GBP for it on ebay because I didn't know that they were sold via PayPal on the manufacturer site. Well I had that coming but I sold my HF account today and after a sale i'm making I should have enough to buy a new one from the site.
zygotb
Here's something about learning to develop your own OS for the Raspberry Pi.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/freshers/raspber...?test=true

And then there's the "Cubieboard."

1Ghz, 1GB RAM, But they lost me on the whole "bidding" thing.
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
Conch
Why do people screenshot with an external camera?
Is there no WM or DM?

I would buy one but I don't feel quite ready for inputting commands into a tty with no knowledge of what I'm doing.

Also, does it support HDMI?
jmbi
(19-01-2013, 08:26 PM)Conch Wrote: Why do people screenshot with an external camera?
Is there no WM or DM?

I would buy one but I don't feel quite ready for inputting commands into a tty with no knowledge of what I'm doing.

Also, does it support HDMI?

Yes, it plays full 1080p video at 30fps, and the only video output is HDMI.
meh
josh
I'm thinking of getting pi. What are they like? My tutor brought on into college and it seemed okay although i didn't have a good go :).
kirby
(28-01-2013, 06:33 AM)josh Wrote: I'm thinking of getting pi. What are they like? My tutor brought on into college and it seemed okay although i didn't have a good go :).

They're fun, but I guess it depends what you want to do. For a nice little project, interfacing with the GPIO, putting it in a corner somewhere and running it headless or a media server, it's pretty good (mine's an OpenTTD server that has a little LCD screen attached). For general use though, it's too slow.
benwaffle
could it run a file hosting site and a small minecraft server at the same time?

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help