kirby
(19-06-2013, 02:15 AM)benwaffle Wrote: could it run a file hosting site and a small minecraft server at the same time?

Doubt it, I'm not sure how successful Minecraft servers have been on their own, let alone with a file hosting site as well. I guess it'd depend on your definition of 'small'.
tbuck153
Minecraft servers struggle on their own like kirby said. I've found it's a lot easier and cost efficient to rent them and leave all the dirty work to the hosting company.
Derby
Thought I'd bump this thread!

I've recently got on the Raspberry Pi bandwagon, I'm thinking of making it into a type of IDS with Snorby. I was trying last week and it seems it isn't exactly friendly with ARM operating systems so still messing around with it.

Anyone had any cool projects since almost a year ago when this thread was last going?
yrmt
I put raspbmc on it and gave it to my neighbour who bought a NAS for his torrented movies.
hades
That's awesome. Pis make great media centers.
Saos
I had no idea that was even a thing. I know what I'm doing this weekend.
yrmt
(17-05-2014, 12:54 AM)dbcooper Wrote: That's awesome. Pis make great media centers.

Yeah it's crazy but it runs 1080p movies just fine!
Derby
You can get an app to control it all from an Android tablet too can't you?
yrmt
Yes! And weirdly enough, the TV remote (sony bravia) works with the raspi and it makes it awesome to use.
dami0
Yeah, make sure you get a CEC compatible cable and TV and you're all set for just turning on it on and flicking something on.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help