tigoesnumb3rs
Give them to some of your friends and try to set up a small mesh network using tinc or peervpn?

Then maybe set up internal services like a chat, mail, distributed encrypted backups, a shared ebook- or musiclibrary..

The only problem is finding the right people to participate.. lots of non-technical people consider mesh networks to be a bad thing.
tudurom
(07-06-2016, 08:47 PM)arcetera Wrote: i have tons of these little things and i have no idea what to do with them. any ideas?
set up a cluster to replace your VPS
xcko
I just found something new for a pi (or similar hardware). https://piratebox.cc/faq
It creates an offline, anonymous file sharing, chat room, forum, and optionally an irc server. What it does is set up a wifi access point that anyone can join, and it redirects web requests to the local page where everything is located. As it's not connected to the wider internet, it is naturally secure, private, and local only. They are also working on mesh network support as well.
pyratebeard
Interesting. That would be really handy for LAN parties and meetups. Better than passing USBs around when transferring files.
resk
Got a pie recently. Nice to see there's a thread for inspo about what to do with it. I think I'll make a TV-station with it.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help