Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jayro
Long time nixers
Hello Everyone,

I am very happy to present to your our new forum theme! We listened to your suggestions and have restored a lot of the functionality our old theme was missing while still keeping the UnixHub color scheme we are all used to.

With any changes, there will be those who do not necessarily like them. Please use this thread to discuss or point out anything you don't like or believe needs to be changed regarding the new theme.

We have some great things on the way!

Thank you,
Jayro
Zirkonium
Registered
I like it, it still has a clean style.
eksith
Long time nixers
Very nice! Nice, clean and simple [ but not too clean and simple ;) ] and I especially like there are now scrollbars on code snippets plus the font itself is bigger. The brighter font on regular posts is also easier on my rubbish eyes.
jobss
Long time nixers
Under Control Panel and under options, the user has the ability to change themes. Personally I went back to the old look, and things are out of place. For example the users signatures appears to be apart of the message and there are "no icon" images by the users profile. I love the fact that the user has the ability to change themes, but I have not tried the other themes at the moment tho. However when using the old theme, the settings that are available on the new theme are not present on the new theme. Also the new theme is missing the pastebin link found on the new theme.

One other thing I like about Unixhub besides the theme change is now the user has more options that they can configure. And the idea of a buddy list is epic.
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
venam
Administrators
It's a great theme with many improvements.
I'll just note some of the things I think should be reviewed.

In the home page, the little minus sign on the right side of the sections doesn't fit well with the rest of the page design. It can be replaced with a simple "-" or removed completely.
[Image: k0pDk]

The descriptions above the avatars break the layout. It should be disabled or have a character limit.
[Image: dGv]

The alignment in the "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" section isn't great.
[Image: 6aEE]
While it could look like that:
[Image: IkjH]

The number of thanks a user received should be removed if the feature was removed.

There's no need for a buddy list. We have the irc, which purpose is buddying.

At the top of the thread, near the thread title, there should be an indication of the section the thread was posted in.

The items at the top can be merged in the bar. Also, let's note that there's no need for the "Home" and "Forums" links in the bar. The "Search" and "Donate" buttons should also be re-added.

The control panel regained all its features but it doesn't look as good as the previous one.
It might be because of the images.
Old one:
[Image: A2Tr]
New one:
[Image: KdjoN]

Same thing for the contact, the images do not fit well.
[Image: bz6]

That should be it. By the time I'm posting some of the things I've mentioned might have already been corrected.

Thanks for your hard work Jayro!
zygotb
Long time nixers
Keep up the good work!
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
tbuck153
Members
Gah! Time to update my userstyle. I agree with venam about some of those things, particularly the buddy list just seems redundant. Looks good though guys nice job.
nrmc.dubz
Long time nixers
Simple and very nice. Like this.
SpongeboZZ; Bikini Bottom Mafia/
You're cock-sucker, bitch/ silence while godfathers speech/
yeah/ da plancton in muh blunt/ gangster squarepants witha gun/
Sponge iz the bozz in da buiz/ you're creating silly trash/
i'm creating hollywood shit/
crshd
Registered
A bit too simple for my taste. And I see inconsistencies and alignment issues everywhere.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

shtols
Long time nixers
It might be just me, but the fons are all a little bit blurry. (Accessing the forums through Windows at the moment, will try on Linux and FreeBSD when I am back at home.)
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
It's nice, but I'll have to get used to it.

There are just 2/3 things that bother me:

* Those padding (eg section title), they're really big IMO, so much wasted space to make the user scroll
* The "new message" is not really visible. Just putting the forum link in bold is not really helpful to me. Maybe a darker shade for a:visited ?
* It might be related to my browser settings, but [code] tags display text way bigger than the rest of posts

Other than that, it's great to see a new theme :)
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
berk
Long time nixers
I don't like the gigantic gap between the paragraphs,

it makes the text look

very ugly indeed. :(

This also happened in the

previous theme
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Good work but I'll stick to my theme.
kirby
Long time nixers
Quote:I don't like the gigantic gap between the paragraphs,

it makes the text look

very ugly indeed. :(

This also happened in the

previous theme

Yes that really annoyed me as well.

Also, apparently quoting doesn't work at all, in clicking the "Quote" button on berk's post, I was greeted with a completely empty text entry box.
jobss
Long time nixers
(04-11-2013, 12:55 PM)yrmt Wrote: Good work but I'll stick to my theme.

Still using your theme :D
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
shtols
Long time nixers
Confirmed. On OSX and Linux (CentOS) the fonts are clearer.
jmbi
Long time nixers
Yeah the fonts look like shit on Windows, and we need to fix the spacing between paragraphs.

It's always been...

a pain in the ass.
meh
Hans Hackett
Members
Looks bold to me..... I will prefer the old homepage.
But the way, the new alignment of posts looks fresh :-)
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I can't make the difference between normal text and links. It can be annoying to fly over the text to check if something get underlined...

Also, thanks button ?
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
vompatti
Long time nixers
The titles of subforums? on main page are too big for my opinion.

the red selection: https://paste.xinu.at/lxyN/
What's programmers favorite thing to do? DELETE CODE!
Git: https://github.com/vhakulinen
oh no you didnt
berk
Long time nixers
Critical: when you go back to the old theme, the option to switch themes are -gone-.
venam
Administrators
Why not patch the previous theme while we are at it.
berk
Long time nixers
(07-11-2013, 01:27 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: We can't patch a theme that had everything stripped out of it. The new theme is the default one and that's what's being support/patched at this point in time.

I can't go back to the new theme, NeoTerra.
berk
Long time nixers
Thank you! But that still doesn't quite fix the problem with the old theme. :p