Poll: What theme would you choose as the new default theme
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
new dark (current) 5 29.41%
Blank (light plus night mode/dark version) 12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
acg
Members
(29-03-2017, 02:39 PM)josuah Wrote: There was not skeuomorphism before, but now this makes nixers.net feel like a journal more than a webapp.

I agree with this. Blanks makes it look like there's something meaningful to read and not just another social platform, but well it all comes to 'the feels'.
argonaut · musician · developer · writer · https://www.betoissues.com
robotchaos
Long time nixers
i like blank better than the dark, but my favorite is --light
venam
Administrators
(29-03-2017, 05:07 PM)fre d die Wrote: hmm, coming back to it now i think i like the dark blank theme the most
I'm intrigued, why the change of choice?
Also, you can update your vote in the poll.
fre d die
Members
(30-03-2017, 12:24 AM)venam Wrote:
(29-03-2017, 05:07 PM)fre d die Wrote: hmm, coming back to it now i think i like the dark blank theme the most
I'm intrigued, why the change of choice?
Also, you can update your vote in the poll.
hmmm, i guess the screenshots of the mobile design and the comments on skeuomorphism
josuah
Long time nixers
It reminds me Ypnose blog: https://ywstd.fr/blog

When you actually substitute a physical object with a computer system, skeuomorphism may help people make the transition. I am not hating it so much.

I did just noticed this printable version link. -> plain html without CSS nor javascript.

This could be usefull if another TTY week comes. And the new theme still works in TTY:

[Image: mb9.png]

With a light theme too:

[Image: gfd.png]
venam
Administrators
(31-03-2017, 06:40 AM)josuah Wrote: I did just noticed this printable version link. -> plain html without CSS nor javascript.
Yes, I've added it on purpose.

(31-03-2017, 06:40 AM)josuah Wrote: This could be usefull if another TTY week comes. And the new theme still works in TTY:
Yes, there's going to be one, in June, as usual.
venam
Administrators
I guess that's it.
Remember that you can always change the theme in the user control panel.
fre d die
Members
night mode doen't appear to be working for me on the homepage, working everywhere else though

edit appears nixers.net is still light but nixers.net/index.php is the dark theme, but the home button redirects to nixers.net
venam
Administrators
(02-04-2017, 08:09 PM)fre d die Wrote: edit appears nixers.net is still light but nixers.net/index.php is the dark theme, but the home button redirects to nixers.net
Does your adblock have any rule for nixers.net/index.php ?
fre d die
Members
(03-04-2017, 01:09 AM)venam Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 08:09 PM)fre d die Wrote: edit appears nixers.net is still light but nixers.net/index.php is the dark theme, but the home button redirects to nixers.net
Does your adblock have any rule for nixers.net/index.php ?
shouldn't i use qutebrowser, and the ad blocker is just a host blocker
venam
Administrators
(03-04-2017, 11:16 AM)fre d die Wrote: shouldn't i use qutebrowser, and the ad blocker is just a host blocker
Can you retry now.
There was an issue with sameorigin policy on the front page.
fre d die
Members
(04-04-2017, 10:56 AM)venam Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 11:16 AM)fre d die Wrote: shouldn't i use qutebrowser, and the ad blocker is just a host blocker
Can you retry now.
There was an issue with sameorigin policy on the front page.
it is working now, cheers
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I noticed that you changed the buttons style. Nice one!
josuah
Long time nixers
A small suggestion about the layout: What about removing the "code" heading from the [ code ] blocks ?

You can get a preview with this:

Code:
.codeblock .title {
    display: none;
}
venam
Administrators
(19-04-2017, 08:28 PM)josuah Wrote: A small suggestion about the layout: What about removing the "code" heading from the [ code ] blocks ?
Good idea. It's something I haven't thought about
robotchaos
Long time nixers
great idea, can we implement on the light/nixers themes?