Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
sabayoff
Members
hi everyone
I'm really bad in introducing myself so I'm going to keep it short and simple ;)

I'm a linux user for about 2 years and kind of loved it from the first second. At the moment I'm using sabayon corecdx.
And if you want to know something else you just got to ask.

Just by reading some threads on here it looks to me like a great community so I hope it'll be fun :)
venam
Administrators
Welcome to the forum.
This Sabayon thingy seems to be really contradicting itself.
sabayoff
Members
(16-03-2013, 10:30 AM)venam Wrote: This Sabayon thingy seems to be really contradicting itself.

why that?
venam
Administrators
Gentoo-based distro named Sabayon != "out of the box" != everything should just work.
bleeding edge operating system != stable and reliable.
sabayoff
Members
well yeah if you're looking at what they want to be you're probably right they're kind of contradicting them self but they're doing a fairly good job in matching those contradictions somewhat together and actually pretty much everything does work out of the box and sort of stable.

but actually i see it more as a fast and easy to install Gentoo that gives you the possibilty of a binary package manager and (if you're using the corecdx version) isn't bloated and for those three reason i use and love it ;)
OpenSource
Members
A long time ago in a far away land over there yonder I use to use Sabayon, well anyways welcome to UH.
zygotb
Long time nixers
Welcome to the Hub!
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Hello and welcome!
Test-Run
Members
Welcome to UnixHub, the ultimate place for Unix lovers :D
If you have questions feel free to ask.

Test-Run