Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pieces Of Quiet
Members
Hi all. Thought I should finally stop lurking, and post an intro. Linux user for about 3 years now, currently on CRUX. Main interests are music and tech. Currently doing a bachelor of actuarial studies. poq in #unix.
venam
Administrators
Welcome to nixers.
pranomostro
Long time nixers
(13-10-2016, 12:08 AM)Pieces Of Quiet Wrote: Main interests are music and tech.

Cool. What music, which tech?

Tell a little 'bout yourself :)
Pieces Of Quiet
Members
(13-10-2016, 12:13 AM)venam Wrote: Welcome to nixers.
Thanks!

(13-10-2016, 05:07 AM)pranomostro Wrote: What music, which tech?

LOTS of music! Everything from j-pop to sludge metal to neofolk. Some of my favourite bands are :Of The Wand & The Moon:, Khanate, Admiral Angry, and Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets. As for tech, mainly keyboards (the typey-typey kind) and "enthusiast" PC gear.
acg
Members
Welcome to the forums!

(13-10-2016, 07:24 AM)Pieces Of Quiet Wrote: LOTS of music!
Any metalcore there?
argonaut · musician · developer · writer · https://www.betoissues.com
Pieces Of Quiet
Members
(13-10-2016, 10:18 AM)albertocg Wrote: Any metalcore there?
Not really, only two bands I can think of would be Crossfaith and Coldrain. I'm more into old metalcore like Converge.
acg
Members
(13-10-2016, 11:25 AM)Pieces Of Quiet Wrote: I'm more into old metalcore like Converge.
Just got a digital copy of their album "No Heroes" so it's cool
venam
Administrators
(13-10-2016, 10:18 AM)albertocg Wrote: Any metalcore there?
I've been listening to a panoply of songs on bandcamp that could be considered "metal".
Searching with the terms "post rock" or "stoner metal" gives me back results that fit my tastes.
The phenomenal part of this is that most songs on bandcamp are under creative common, and so you don't run into copyright risks when downloading them.
acg
Members
(13-10-2016, 12:03 PM)venam Wrote: I've been listening to a panoply of songs on bandcamp that could be considered "metal".
Searching with the terms "post rock" or "stoner metal" gives me back results that fit my tastes.
Most of the "metalcore" there has "old metalcore" sound, as far as i listened to it. Post-rock is good, but doesn't have the heavy sound of metal nor the craziness of hardcore
pranomostro
Long time nixers
(13-10-2016, 07:24 AM)Pieces Of Quiet Wrote: LOTS of music! Everything from j-pop to sludge metal to neofolk. Some of my favourite bands are :Of The Wand & The Moon:, Khanate, Admiral Angry, and Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets. As for tech, mainly keyboards (the typey-typey kind) and "enthusiast" PC gear.

I have never heard of these!

Brb, watching youtube neofolk bands.
jkl
Long time nixers
Salve! :)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
apk
Long time nixers
salve amicus............
tudurom
Long time nixers
(13-10-2016, 12:08 AM)Pieces Of Quiet Wrote: Hi all. Thought I should finally stop lurking, and post an intro. Linux user for about 3 years now, currently on CRUX. Main interests are music and tech. Currently doing a bachelor of actuarial studies. poq in #unix.
Hi there, I hope (in fact I am pretty sure) that you are going to have a good time here. I think we have met before on github I think.
jkl
Long time nixers
(13-10-2016, 08:46 PM)dsplayer14 Wrote: salve amicus............

It's "amice". :)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
apk
Long time nixers
do you seriously use the vocative case u plebian
rocx
Members
(14-10-2016, 06:14 PM)dsplayer14 Wrote: do you seriously use the vocative case u plebian

SEIG GRAMMAR! Now gimme a heil five!
Pieces Of Quiet
Members
(14-10-2016, 03:12 PM)tudurom Wrote: I think we have met before on github I think.
Sure have
josuah
Long time nixers
:Of The Wand & The Moon: is great, thank you!

Welcome to this place.