visiting from the grill - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
dkeg
Members
Hi All, have lurked here and there, and today, decided to join. Been a bit weary of joining another community after the demise of muchville. I also recently happened to be perusing the forums here and was sad to see the unixhub drama. Glad to see you were able to come back together and spawn a new community.

I spend my time with my brothers over at LinuxBBQ. Linux has been my main system for the last several years, except at work. I'm a hobbyist, tinkering and configurating for fun, while professionally I work as a Business Analyst.

Main WM's are herbst, monster, cwm. Currently running back and forth between LinuxBBQ Colin, and LinuxBBQ Gruffalo, base is debian sid.

I try to contribute what and when I can. Most of my contributions live over at the grill. Lately with RL, I mainly browse from my mobile while commuting on the train. Weekends usually bring more time for catching up on website, github, and forum activity.

Glad to be here ...
work hard, complain less
nrmc.dubz
Long time nixers
Welcome to our nice, tiny community. Feel free to visit our irc and nixering around with us.
SpongeboZZ; Bikini Bottom Mafia/
You're cock-sucker, bitch/ silence while godfathers speech/
yeah/ da plancton in muh blunt/ gangster squarepants witha gun/
Sponge iz the bozz in da buiz/ you're creating silly trash/
i'm creating hollywood shit/
dami0
Long time nixers
Welcome to nixers! We're full of all sorts of people. I think you'll fit in nicely with the rest of the ricing bunch here.
Bones
Members
Hey, don't I know you, mister? ;) Good to see you over here! Funny, I was just trying out Gruffalo earlier today. Very nice, my first run at monsterwm. I have to say, I like the addition of compton, that's worthy bloat, imo.
dkeg
Members
Haha bones, good to see you here too! And thanks! Yep, on Gruffalo now. Just as I mentioned in the release notes, 'some comforts added'. Monster is a real nice wm.
work hard, complain less
Bones
Members
I was enjoying catwm, but then it started crashing. That simply will not do. Trying to find a wm I can standardize on between my Slackware and OpenBSD installs. I'm leaning towards cwm or herbstluftwm at this point.
dkeg
Members
Well, those my friend are some top notch selections. Cwm is for sure my go to stacker.
work hard, complain less