What are you working on? - Programming On Unix
z3bra
I'm on the process of moving my home server online. That will make it more reliable on the long-term. So I need to move my services to it. For now, www.z3bra.org, dl.z3bra.org and chat.z3bra.org point to the new server, while all other links still point to the old machine.

It will take some time to get it done at 100%, but I think I'll be done by the end of september, max mid-october.

I'm still wondering wether I should revamp my blog. Like making shorter links or whatever...
neeasade
(21-08-2015, 10:39 AM)z3bra Wrote: I'm on the process of moving my home server online. That will make it more reliable on the long-term. So I need to move my services to it. For now, www.z3bra.org, dl.z3bra.org and chat.z3bra.org point to the new server, while all other links still point to the old machine.

It will take some time to get it done at 100%, but I think I'll be done by the end of september, max mid-october.

I'm still wondering wether I should revamp my blog. Like making shorter links or whatever...
are you doing this via vps? what service are you going with? curious.
z3bra
It's not a VPS, it's a physical server. The provider is a french one (cocorico!), and offers really attractive prices: http://online.net.

I have a dedibox SC atm, which is pretty cheap, so I can try their services and test their reliability without paying that much. That box has better perfs than my current home server anyway :P

then when I'll need something better, I'll certainly get an XC box.
neeasade
Awesome, sounds good :)

I had some extra $$ about a year back and bought 2 VPS's from cloutatcost(canada host) which have been doing good for the price(1 time pay $25 on sale) - been using to host my website/misc activity. Probably not what I'd pick if I was hosting something I cared about, but it's convenient.
vain
Now that xiate works quite well, I started hacking on some very simple physics simulations which run in your terminal. Like that fountain in the lower right terminal: moving webm. I've got some more ideas, like colliding boxes or other n-body simulations. No rocket science, no "purpose", just for fun. :-)
venam
(07-10-2015, 03:52 PM)vain Wrote: Now that xiate works quite well, I started hacking on some very simple physics simulations which run in your terminal. Like that fountain in the lower right terminal: moving webm. I've got some more ideas, like colliding boxes or other n-body simulations. No rocket science, no "purpose", just for fun. :-)
Your console programs are really something.
I truly enjoy and respect your work.
Great job!
ashen
(07-10-2015, 03:52 PM)vain Wrote: Now that xiate works quite well, I started hacking on some very simple physics simulations which run in your terminal. Like that fountain in the lower right terminal: moving webm. I've got some more ideas, like colliding boxes or other n-body simulations. No rocket science, no "purpose", just for fun. :-)

I've actually started using xiate now. I absolutely love it! Thanks for introducing me to the project.

As for me, I'm unfortunately not working on anything right now. Looking to pick up a new project, though.
z3bra
@ashen: Try out wmutils! Help improving it, and make it more reliable
venam
These days I don't have any real new projects so I'm going to dig some of my old projects and polish them.
There are a lot of cool old projects I made that were so much fun.

I'm also still doing hacking challenges so I might do something related to that.
darthlukan
I'm slowly working on a project generator tool called Progeny as well as some customization of the scripts included in wmutils that I keep in my dotfiles repo. Those are the two "big" ones so far as personal projects go, the rest of my personal projects are in various states of flux while I think about them some more.

So far as job-related projects, I'm cleaning up and extending the functionality of my employer's closed-source CMS platform.
Github: https://github.com/darthlukan
CRUX Ports: http://ports.brianctomlinson.com
GPG: 3694569D
"We're all human, act accordingly." -- Me

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode