What are you working on? - Programming On Unix
ashen
(09-10-2015, 05:19 AM)z3bra Wrote: @ashen: Try out wmutils! Help improving it, and make it more reliable
wmutils was actually one of the things I was thinking of working on, but I thought I remembered it not working well with i3, and I'm incredibly familiar with i3 at this point. Maybe it'd be good to move my workflow over to it and sxhkd, though, so it's more customizable in the future.
pranomostro
Working on my wmutils installation,
several projects on Plan 9 (three text filters, one version control system and one file server, yay!)
and a termbox/ncurses frontend for the ed editor.

This is what I would do if it wasn't for school.
schisma
currently working on a simple liveblogging platform. i'm checking out some backend and fullstack frameworks, but yet have to find my match
xero
shell script powered irc bot. for the lel
vain
@venam/ashen: Thank you, nice to hear that. :)

... and I really should have a closer look at wmutils, too. That project looks highly interesting. I just didn't get around to trying it (because I'm lazy and my dwm fork works very well for me).
neeasade
(09-10-2015, 04:21 PM)xero Wrote: shell script powered irc bot. for the lel

https://github.com/onodera-punpun/punyama
;)
xero
Wildefyr
(09-10-2015, 09:27 AM)ashen Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 05:19 AM)z3bra Wrote: @ashen: Try out wmutils! Help improving it, and make it more reliable
wmutils was actually one of the things I was thinking of working on, but I thought I remembered it not working well with i3, and I'm incredibly familiar with i3 at this point. Maybe it'd be good to move my workflow over to it and sxhkd, though, so it's more customizable in the future.

As a person who was in this situation, just do it! When you leave you'll realise how limiting i3 is.
z3bra
speaking of wmutils, I started refactoring the code to extract all the functions into a single file that could be used as a stabdalone "window manipulation library". It seems to work great, but I need people to try it before merging it into master, and finally export it under its owm repo. You can check the branch here:

https://github.com/wmutils/core/tree/wmlib
pranomostro
@z3bra:
As somebody who has not contributed to wmutils (yet), I am of course not in the position of criticizing you,
but I think the idea of »we have only got shell scripts« was a better approach.

But anyway, nice that you are working on something wmutils related!

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode