Favorite Terminal Applications - BSD
z3bra
(02-07-2020, 06:47 PM)opFez Wrote: irc client: irssi, looking for a better one though

Don't change it then !
opFez
(03-07-2020, 07:46 PM)z3bra Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 06:47 PM)opFez Wrote: irc client: irssi, looking for a better one though

Don't change it then !

looks like i just have to learn it properly, lol.
z3bra
If you want a really simple one, check out catgirl. It is really easy to use, but you must be aware that it can only connect to a single server at a time, so you must resort to a terminal multiplexer or bouncer to connect to multiple servers.
jkl
If you want a really simple one, check out ii. Beware that you’ll need to patch it for TLS support.
opFez
(06-07-2020, 06:33 AM)z3bra Wrote: If you want a really simple one, check out catgirl. It is really easy to use, but you must be aware that it can only connect to a single server at a time, so you must resort to a terminal multiplexer or bouncer to connect to multiple servers.
(06-07-2020, 06:35 AM)jkl Wrote: If you want a really simple one, check out ii. Beware that you’ll need to patch it for TLS support.

I'll check them out, thanks.
phillbush
music: mpd+mpc+dmenu
video: mpv+youtube-dl
file manager: coreutils, tree, some scripts of mine, lf and sxiv's thumbnail mode
irc client: moved from HexChat to irssi, considering moving to ircII (or to ii+iii).
terminal emulator: xterm
system monitor: top, ps, sysctl, and the script I use to feed lemonbar
text editor: vim
screenshot: maim
torrent client: qbittorrent, looking for a CLI client.
image viewer: sxiv
mail client: mutt, considering moving to UNIX's mail and mblaze
other/fun: ADOM
z3bra
I'm curious to know why you consider "nq" as a mail client ? It's more of a tool like at(1) or crond(8), than an MUA.
phillbush
(14-07-2020, 07:53 AM)z3bra Wrote: I'm curious to know why you consider "nq" as a mail client ? It's more of a tool like at(1) or crond(8), than an MUA.

Damn, I mixed my bookmarks up.
I intended to link to mblaze, another project of Leah's.
fre d die
(31-12-2019, 02:13 PM)z3bra Wrote: music: curl + sox
Sox is a set of command line tools right? do you simply just select the file or folder of music you want to play with it, or can you use it in a more similar way to tools like cmus?
z3bra
(14-07-2020, 10:01 AM)fre d die Wrote:
(31-12-2019, 02:13 PM)z3bra Wrote: music: curl + sox
Sox is a set of command line tools right? do you simply just select the file or folder of music you want to play with it, or can you use it in a more similar way to tools like cmus?

It's like imagemagick but for sound files. One of the utilities is "play" which simply plays the files given on the command line in sequential order. There is no curse interface to manage your library though, so I make playlists by symlinking files in a "playlist" directory, then play the files in random order. For example:

Code:
cd /var/data/music
ln -s jamiroquai/*/*.mp3 ./playlist/
ln -s rhcp/*/*.ogg ./playlist/

cd playlist
play $(ls|shuf)

Another thing I do (and it's why I mentionned curl, is playing online radio that provide an mp3 stream:

Code:
curl -sL http://radio.domain.tld:8000/live.mp3 | play -

The radio I used to listen is gone today though, so I need to find others.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode