pranomostro
Cool! It's really nice looking through them.
josuah
albertocg: It is very nice! I did not see it before.

halfwit: These dmenu script are crazy! Do you have some of them available somewhere?

I'm making a follow-up of my webcast:

In the webcast, I tried to use only one terminal, with abduco sessions and shell jobs to keep organized.
I wrote a dmenu clone for the terminal in awk, and used it to select the sessions and jobs to attach to.

This month, I made a more serious dmenu clone for the terminal in C: iomenu. It is my first program in C. :3

It just filters lines, there is no fuzzy matching, I still want to implement space as wildchar like in dmenu.

[Image: klbxFeA.png?1]

I did a new shell script - buffer - to manage abduco sessions, combined with some dmenu_run.

[Image: NJS9hgw.png]

As you can see you can either attach to an existing session, or start a new one with a new command.

It then prompts you for arguments. Here you can write '+' at the end of a line to get prompted for a file path.

You can also call this script with arguments, and it will immediately run them without prompting.

Dependencies for this script:

- whatis: to generate the command description, with "buffer -w".
- stest: which comes with the dmenu source. You can compile it alone with "make stest" while in dmenu source dir.
- abduco: start and attach to sessions.
- iomenu

[PS]: Do not hesitate to rant on the source if you want, as it will help me learning. As well as do not hesitate to ask for XYZ feature, as I just may just not have the idea of doing it.
josuah
Silly me!

Everything from halfwit nicely documented in the dotfiles, of course!

https://github.com/halfwit/dotfiles
venam
No podcast for this week, we'll keep the number at 42 (good number) until next week.

Let's relaunch this thing.

Here's a webcast I've just recorded:
https://venam.nixers.net/webcast2.mkv

...And here's the record command I used for anyone wondering.
Quote:ffmpeg -thread_queue_size 128 -f alsa -ac 1 -i hw:2,0 -f x11grab -r 30 -s 1366x768 -i :0.0 -acodec pcm_s16le -vcodec libx264 -preset ultrafast -threads 0 -y junk/output.mkv
acg
(31-03-2017, 12:18 PM)venam Wrote: Here's a webcast I've just recorded:
https://venam.nixers.net/webcast2.mkv

Nice webcast! A pretty 'vanilla' setup

Why don't you try VimFX? Is there something against it?
venam
(01-04-2017, 11:53 AM)albertocg Wrote: Why don't you try VimFX? Is there something against it?
I tried it and hated it. After having vimperator for so long it felt wrong.
Now I just settled with the default keybind, which is not that bad after you get used to it.
acg
(01-04-2017, 01:34 PM)venam Wrote: I tried it and hated it. After having vimperator for so long it felt wrong.
Can you explain this a bit more?
rocx
(01-04-2017, 01:34 PM)venam Wrote: ...which is not that bad after you get used to it.

Exactly what someone in denial would sound like.
venam
(01-04-2017, 02:12 PM)albertocg Wrote:
Quote:I tried it and hated it. After having vimperator for so long it felt wrong.
Can you explain this a bit more?
It's a totally different feel, not the same keybinds either.
One annoying example is following links through "f" which returns letters instead of numbers and the letters seemed to be assigned randomly and keep changing in the same page.

(01-04-2017, 05:39 PM)rocx Wrote:
Quote:...which is not that bad after you get used to it.
Exactly what someone in denial would sound like.
I didn't say it was *great* but it's not bad either.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode