Is this forum dead? - Off topic
josuah
(18-07-2016, 02:33 PM)nikivi Wrote: Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere.

Everything looks all right to me on your screenshots.

The channel #nixers redirects to #unix, so maybe the channel list was not updated correctly. I also do not see those both channels neither with the /list command.

If you can join a channel even if it is not on this list, just join #unix (if you can enter commands, you can type <code>/join #unix</code>).

I hope it helps... If it does not work, what is your IRC client?
rocx
(18-07-2016, 02:33 PM)nikivi Wrote: Speaking of irc, I am trying to connect to it now but I don't see the #unix channel there. These are the only channels I see : http://i.imgur.com/EWsOgbh.png

Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere. Thank you for any help.

The channel has a +s mode.. +s hides the channel from the /list. Join #unix as #nixers will redirect you to #unix.

[Image: a17.png]
#unix is there.
josuah
(18-07-2016, 02:49 PM)rocx Wrote: The channel has a +s mode.. +s hides the channel from the /list. Join #unix as #nixers will redirect you to #unix.

But ERC has no problem showing it seems ^_^.

Damn I miss Emacs!
rocx
(18-07-2016, 05:01 PM)sshbio Wrote:
rocx Wrote: The channel has a +s mode.. +s hides the channel from the /list. Join #unix as #nixers will redirect you to #unix.
But ERC has no problem showing it seems ^_^.

Damn I miss Emacs!

UnrealIRCd Wiki for the +s setting Wrote:The channel won't show up in /LIST and won't show up in /WHOIS (unless you are in the same channel or an IRCOp)

Seeing as I'm both in #unix and an op there, it's totally visible. You're more than welcome to join the light side of the dorks.
xero
(17-07-2016, 06:50 AM)Jake Wrote: is this forum dead?

it's only as active as it's members. post some content and spark up a discussion!

(18-07-2016, 05:01 PM)sshbio Wrote: But ERC has no problem showing it seems ^_^.

i think it shows if you've already joined.

that's dumb. we should -s
0wl3x
(17-07-2016, 09:07 AM)venam Wrote: Pretty quick on the trigger:
Quote:Jake:
Time Spent Online: 16 Minutes, 4 Seconds
LOL

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode