venam
For those of you who signed up to the newsletter:

First of, sorry for sending the email twice.
Seond, sorry about the RSS feed, there are things that need to be fixed (the newsletter is in plain text and rss doesn't like it)

Other than that, I'd like to have your opinions on it?
What do you like?

Also, please feel free to share any interesting links you have, I'll feature them in the next release.

Cheers!
pranomostro
The newsletter is a really cool idea.

I think the way it is currently done is perfect, nothing left to remove.
I will try to participate as much as possible so that this can become a long-time project.
strang3quark
--I'm not getting the newsletter through RSS feed.--

NOTE: Sorry, the feed is fine, I noticed it's a "bug" in my software.

I store all feeds in a database and the URL column has "unique" attribute, since all newsletter articles have the same url they are overwritten.
venam
(07-01-2017, 10:42 AM)strang3quark Wrote: NOTE: Sorry, the feed is fine, I noticed it's a "bug" in my software.
I think, if I'm not mistaking, they also appear in reverse order.
Wildefyr
very. cool.

hope to get my crux system up soon and working on stuff.
nxll
(04-12-2016, 09:01 AM)venam Wrote: what do you think?

Sounds like a great step for the community. Seems like a nice way of nixers coming together as a whole.

(04-12-2016, 09:01 AM)venam Wrote: Things to add?

Cool discoveries (programs, scripts, things we want to have more attention paid to).
Guides for beginners and advances users (ricing, programming).
ASCII/ANSI Art as a title maybe.

(04-12-2016, 09:01 AM)venam Wrote: Would you participate?

I would love to, so long as I have a basis on what I should be adding.

(04-12-2016, 09:01 AM)venam Wrote: What platform will we use?

Any platform possible really. For maximum readers etc.

(04-12-2016, 09:01 AM)venam Wrote: How will the process unfold?

You have made a great start with the podcasts. I think we should have a time to discuss things to add together, possible on IRC.
venam
(17-01-2017, 02:52 PM)nxll Wrote: Any platform possible really. For maximum readers etc.

I think you should recheck the first post, we've started the newsletter 4 weeks ago.
https://nixers.net/newsletter/

There's a feed too for older mails:
https://nixers.net/newsletter/feed.xml

(17-01-2017, 02:52 PM)nxll Wrote: I would love to, so long as I have a basis on what I should be adding.
You can hit me up (forums pm, email, irc pm) with any interesting link you got.
Adrift
I might be a moron... but I've tried a few different rss readers now. And I cannot get that link to display correctly. Currently using termfeed, and it at least displays something. But everything is jammed together on one line, \n doesn't work, or seemingly any other formatting.
venam
(28-01-2017, 02:16 AM)Adrift Wrote: I might be a moron... but I've tried a few different rss readers now. And I cannot get that link to display correctly. Currently using termfeed, and it at least displays something. But everything is jammed together on one line, \n doesn't work, or seemingly any other formatting.
Maybe the rss creation needs to be approached in a different way.
I have no clue about RSS so feel free to do a pull request: https://github.com/nixers-projects/newsletter
venam
Bump:
Reminder that for the moment I'm filtering the links people send (at least the 2 or 3 I received the last few weeks) but that it's not limited to me, we can take turns for whoever takes care of the newsletter for the week.

So keep me updated if some week you feel like putting together the newsletter.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode