What are you working on? - Programming On Unix
jkl
Working on a self-hosted Xmarks alternative that should work on *ix. But you should not use it yet, it is not really tested. ;-)
venam
(06-11-2017, 12:15 PM)jkl Wrote: Working on a self-hosted Xmarks alternative that should work on *ix. But you should not use it yet, it is not really tested. ;-)
Keeping bookmarks in sync has always been one of my big issues. I'm looking forward to this.
though:
Quote:One disadvantage of my KISS approach is that there are no incremental bookmarks. The "download" process replaces all of your bookmarks by the ones stored on your server (unless there is an error with your server). Be careful!
jkl
My excuse for not caring about "incremental" updates is that the WebExtension API gives me limited control over what is stored in which way. The only way to be sure would be to replace Firefox's bookmark management by an independent bookmarks database, similar to what Xmarks does, but that would require a lot of additional complexity for no real advantage (except, maybe, that you can change your bookmarks on multiple computers simultaneously; this is a use case where ymarks is expected to fail).

I just want it to work first, I'll gradually add improvements later. :)
Evolution
A few things:

1: Discord based fantasy market simulation. (A team effort, still just a prototype)
2: Desktop and mobile app for Wallhaven. (Almost done)
3: NCurses/PDCurses based ePub reader (Stalled, lack of resize support in Windows terminals)
4: A roguelike (Originally for Itch.io Game Off, taking too long though)
5: Tracker for novels to mark progress (Will run in the background and only pay attention to specific readers/sites)
6: Cross platform manga reader and downloader (Still working on the libs to make it possible in a sane way, added Mangapanda support to Fundoshi so far)
venam
I implemented a 3 parts file transfer/storage with custom encryption per storage communication and custom protocol. The initialization handshake is done over UDP, agreeing if the storage encryption is trusted, and the file transfer is done over TCP.

There’s 3 programs/parts:

A client program in python to manage servers and send files to the file transfer program
A multi-threaded file transfer server in C which manages the encryption and sessions between it and the file storage
A file storage in python which decrypts and stores the files.

This was challenging and fun to do.
z3bra
Got no (17 chars) link? :(
venam
(21-11-2017, 05:06 AM)z3bra Wrote: Got no (17 chars) link? :(
Sorry, no I didn't put it online yet.
Though, it might stay on my harddrive for a while as this was a mini-freelance project.
acg
(21-11-2017, 06:10 AM)venam Wrote:
(21-11-2017, 05:06 AM)z3bra Wrote: Got no (17 chars) link? :(
Sorry, no I didn't put it online yet.
Though, it might stay on my harddrive for a while as this was a mini-freelance project.

I hope it eventually goes online though.

(21-11-2017, 12:44 AM)Evolution Wrote: 2: Desktop and mobile app for Wallhaven. (Almost done)

What features are you adding to this?
Nihility
working on a mobile app in react-native that will translate my local dialect to english and vice versa

backend part/scraper is using nodejs, planning on porting to golang but will polish the app first because i'm bad at designing stuff
Evolution
acg Wrote:What features are you adding to this?

Login (When the API is available so users can access NSFW and other features)
Wallpaper randomization (With modifiers for picking category, purity, etc as well as interval and maybe even allow modifier presets based on other factors)
Device sync (Same wallpaper across devices as best as possible)
All the features Wallhaven itself already has in some shape or form.

Id also like to add support for things like urnn.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode