Useful Android Apps To Own - Android & Iphone
OpenSource
1. AndroIRC
2. Blackmarket Alpha
3. TubeMate

AndroIRC:

-Brief Summary-
This application is a must have for those who want to stay connected to there favorite irc channels without the need to be on a computer.

-Screenshot-

-Download Link-
> Download it From Blackmarket Alpha

Blackmarket Alpha:

-Brief Summary-
This app is more than just a ordinary app, it is a money saver. Everyone loves to keep what they have in there wallet this is one way. Blackmarket Alpha is a store just like the Android store but everything is FREE. This does not require a rooted phone.

-Screenshot-

-Download Link-

TubeMate:

-Brief Summary-
Ever watch a video, movie, or listened to music and wanted to save it to your phone to watch later now you can. TubeMate offers you a chance to save and watch youtube videos anytime any where once downloaded you can watch the video anytime any where without the need of a internet connection. This does not require root.

-Screenshot-

-Download Link-

If you have android apps that are useful please post them here.
zygotb
I like ConnectBot, Android SSH client. (bring your server's CLI to your phone)
And for SFTP I like FTPCafe. (file transfers)

Then there's FoxFi - "tether w/out root," to turn your phone into a WiFi hot-spot.
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
OpenSource
Nice 29a ;

Found a File manager app that lets you encrypt files found this interesting thought people would be interested in it :D Encryption Manager
Jayro
Botbrew is another great app that will bootstrap your phone and allow you to run compiled Linux binaries compiled for the ARM architecture. The new version uses aptitude as its package manager I think.

Android Terminal Emulated to run all of your binaries, use SSH, etc.
dunz0r
I really like to keep todo-lists, helps getting all my shit together.
Best app I've found for this is Tasks+
- Screenshot

Another great app is MPDroid, use it to control my MPD-machine which I then can stream to my phone, it's like Spotify but free and with only music that I like.
- Screenshot
kopri
Lately I've been using Terminal IDE. It comes with GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator.
NulledTech
I just discover dSploit not to long ago but it has became one of my favorite apps.
berk
I downloaded WebSharing not 5 minutes ago and I'm LOVING it. I no longer need to mount my Android device to my computer to share files, since I can do so from WiFi now! There is a Pro version of it, I have not tried but looks decent (you know where you can get it for free). Must have, 5 stars.

I get ca. 10-20 Mbps transfer speed on 100% connectivity with a LG Optimus Black.

http://android.nextapp.com/site/websharing
Robby
Can't seem to find a UK copy of the Blackmarket Alpha, such a shame.
DotDev
a very useful file manager is ES File Explorer, It has allot of useful features

Google Store (ES File Explorer)

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help