delucks
I used to have mine hooked up as a XBMC box, now it's sitting unused. Thinking about making it into a SSH/IRC bouncer.
kirby
Looks like they've announced the Raspberry Pi B+, with more USB ports, more GPIO pins, micro SD, and better audio. Looks like the specs are the same otherwise, and it costs the same.

dcli
And now you'll need a bigger power supply and a new case and oh god
kirby
(15-07-2014, 10:18 AM)dcli Wrote: And now you'll need a bigger power supply and a new case and oh god

Apparently it uses less power, and all the cool kids make cases out of Lego anyway ;)
dcli
(16-07-2014, 11:20 AM)kirby Wrote:
(15-07-2014, 10:18 AM)dcli Wrote: And now you'll need a bigger power supply and a new case and oh god

Apparently it uses less power, and all the cool kids make cases out of Lego anyway ;)
but all those peripheral expansion possibilities will need at least 3 amps
shtols
They may have increased the number of ports but they are all still connected to only one controller, including the Ethernet-port. That drags down the performance a lot.
tanilolli
I love my Raspberry Pi but I wish it had a little more power. I use it as a HTPC with Raspbmc and it works alright for streaming from a Plex server on my desktop. I'd like to try out the new B+, but at the same time I'm also looking into some of the more powerful alternatives.
dami0
With my new NAS, the RasPi is significantly more portable and useful around a house where there's more TVs than media players.
jmbi
I use my Raspberry Pi for absolutely nothing now, I often forget that I even own one. It mostly collects dust, I get to worried when plugging cords into it that the ports would snap off. So now I just don't plug anything into it and it suits me just fine.
Houseoftea
With my newfound wealth (sarcasm) from my awful job I am going to be grabbing one of these
I plan to play around with: https://github.com/mntmn/interim

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help